Playing Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) comes in different creative ways- from tabletop gaming to virtual. In normal D&D Sessions, you have a tabletop and you can roll your D20 where everyone can see it. Meanwhile, you can still play D&D by interacting virtually.
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that allows users to communicate and collaborate remotely. On the other hand, Discord is a chat and voice communication platform that is popular among gamers and can be used to host virtual D&D sessions.
There are many creative ways to play D&D on Zoom and Discord, including:
- Use virtual backgrounds and props to create a more immersive experience.
- Use Discord’s voice channels to simulate in-game movement and sound effects.
- Utilize the shared screen feature on Zoom to display maps, character sheets, and other important information.
- Use roll20 or similar virtual tabletop software to play the game with a grid and miniatures.
- Create and use custom character sheets, tokens and macros to streamline gameplay.
- Use breakout rooms on Zoom to simulate different locations or scenes.
- Encourage players to use webcams to add a visual creative element to the game.
- Utilize music and sound effects to set the mood and atmosphere of the game.
- Use the built-in dice rolling feature on Discord or Roll20 to keep track of rolls.
- Have players submit photos of their characters to use during gameplay.
These are just a few examples, but the possibilities are endless when it comes to playing D&D on Zoom and Discord. It’s all about getting creative and finding ways to make the experience as immersive and engaging as possible.
Whether through Zoom, Discord or around a tabletop, D&D creates a deep bond among group members. Some consider this game as a creative escape and where they can process their emotions while others find it as an enjoyable hobby to spend their free time on.
Speaking of free time, you may check-out Cardkingpro products that can help you step up and be more creative with your D&D game!